Microsoft Teams is an enterprise chat tool that supports up to 250 users, with features such as shared documents and video calls.
If you are looking for a way to set up Microsoft Teams on your Mac, then this article is for you. This article will help you get started with the installation of Microsoft Teams on your Mac. Read more in detail here: how to install microsoft teams on mac.
Do you need to install Microsoft Teams for Mac on a macOS computer for business or school? Your IT department may install the platform before handing you the computer, but this is not always the case.
You’ll discover how to install Microsoft Teams for Mac in this tutorial. To help you get started, you’ll also learn how to connect into your account and modify the Teams client.
You must satisfy the following conditions in order to follow along with this lesson.
- One of the three most current versions of macOS on a computer. The most recent macOS version is macOS Big Sur, as of this writing (11.2.1). Find out which macOS version your Mac is running by reading How to Find Out Which MacOS Your Mac is Running.
- You’ll need a Microsoft Teams account to connect in to the platform. If you use Teams for business or school, your IT department most likely already has an account set up for you.
- The administrator account on your machine is required. You’ll need admin access on the PC to install it. Visit How To Check If You’re An Administrator to see if you have an administrator account.
The Microsoft Teams Installer may be downloaded here.
After you’ve met all of the prerequisites, you’re ready to install Microsoft Teams for Mac. In this part, you’ll discover how to get the Microsoft Teams for Mac installer and install it from the official website.
For any program installation, getting a copy of the installation files from an official source is suggested (or sources). Although the IT department of certain firms may send the installation files to its users.
You’ll get the Microsoft Teams for Mac setup package from Microsoft in this example. To get started, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Go to the Microsoft Teams download page on your web browser. The web browser used in this example is Safari.
2. Once you’ve arrived to the Teams website, scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the sole accessible download option for your computer’s operating system.
3. To begin the download, click the Download Teams button.
The Microsoft Teams for Mac installation is being downloaded.
4. The installation file, Teams osx.pkg, will be in your default download folder after the download is complete.
I’m waiting for the Teams installer to complete downloading.
Congratulations on completing the first step! You’re ready to go on to the next step, which is installing Microsoft Teams for Mac now that you’ve downloaded the installer.
The Microsoft Teams Installer is being run.
After The Microsoft Teams Installer may be downloaded here., click the file from the Downloads list in Safari. Then, as you can see below, and the installation will begin.
In Safari’s downloads list, choose the Teams installer.
If you downloaded the Teams installer but want to install it later, you may find it in the default download location, which is the Finder’s Downloads folder, as seen below.
Start the installation by looking for the Teams installer file.
Setting up Teams on a Mac
It’s time to start installing Microsoft Teams now that you’ve discovered the downloaded folder. To do so, follow these steps:
- To begin the installation, click the Teams osx.pkg file in Safari or double-click the file in Finder.
2. The first page you’ll view when the installation begins is the Introduction. There is no action necessary on this page; it just acts as a welcome page. To continue, click Continue.
The welcome page for Microsoft Teams installation.
3. You’ll be able to adjust the install location on the Installation Type page. The installer, on the other hand, has already chosen the default installation location. Install should be selected.
Confirming the kind of installation.
4. You will then be prompted to approve the installation of Microsoft Teams. Enter your login and password, then click Install Software to begin the installation.
Allowing Microsoft Teams to be installed on a Mac.
5. In the Summary window, you’ll get a confirmation message after the installer is completed. To exit the Microsoft Teams for Mac installation, click the Close button.
After finishing the installation, close the Microsoft Teams for Mac installer.
6. Finally, the installer will ask you whether you want to retain or delete the Microsoft Teams for Mac installation package. If you no longer need the installer, just click Move to Trash.
After the installation, delete the Teams installer package.
Microsoft Teams for Mac: Getting Started and Signing In
After you’ve installed Microsoft Teams for Mac, you’ll only need to complete a few more steps to begin using it. In this part, you’ll learn how to get started with Microsoft Teams and sign in for the first time.
Option 1: From the Applications Folder, launch Microsoft Teams.
When you install an app on macOS, it usually shows as an icon in the Applications folder. The same is true once Microsoft Teams is installed. To run Microsoft Teams for Mac from the Applications folder, follow the instructions below.
- On the dock, choose the Finder icon.
- When the Finder window appears, go to the left pane and click on the Applications folder.
- Then, in the right pane, look for the Microsoft Teams icon and double-click it to activate it.
Microsoft Teams may be launched from the Applications Folder.
Option 2: Using the Spotlight Search to launch Microsoft Teams
The Spotlight search is another method to locate installed programs in macOS. This approach to open Microsoft Teams may fit you best if you like to write search phrases rather than clicking through windows and icons.
- To open the Spotlight, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of your desktop.
- tlight search window tlight search window tlight search window tlight search
- In the Spotlight search box, type “Microsoft Teams.” As you write, the search results should appear quickly. In the search results, look for Microsoft Teams and double-click it to activate it.
Microsoft Teams may be launched using the Spotlight Search.
Consider adding the Microsoft Teams app icon to the Dock for future access.
Using your Microsoft Teams account to log in
After you’ve installed Microsoft Teams, you’ll need to complete an initial setup that includes logging in with your Microsoft Teams account.
Your login experience will be different if your employer has implemented multifactor authentication (MFA). You may be required to pass two or more authentication methods while using MFA.
- The Welcome to Microsoft Teams! page will appear initially once you begin Microsoft Teams. To get started, click the Get started button.
Hello and welcome to the Microsoft Teams website.
2. On the next page, you will be asked to enter your email address. Click Next after entering your Office 365 email address in the Email address section.
Using your email address to log in.
3. A new window will appear, prompting you to enter your password. Click Sign in after entering your Microsoft Teams account password.
Using your password to log in.
4. Wait for the sign-in process to finish, as seen in the image below, and you should see The Microsoft Teams application window.
The Microsoft Teams application window.
Microsoft Teams Settings Configuration
You’ve successfully logged into Teams. So, what’s next? If you’re new to Teams, you may want to look at the various options available. The display theme, alerts, privacy, and other options are all available.
To access the Microsoft Teams settings, go to the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Teams window and select the menu button with your initials.
The Microsoft Teams Settings are now open.
Changing the Privacy Options
The way Microsoft Teams manages your privacy is one of the first options you may want to tweak. Go to the Privacy option in the Settings box to alter your privacy settings. Then you’ll see a window that looks like the one below.
Settings for privacy in Microsoft Teams.
There are various options in Microsoft Teams for Mac that may help you manage your privacy choices. Assume you wish to remain anonymous. Maybe you don’t want other people to know you read their letter. You’re covered with Microsoft Teams.
- Do not disturb – This option allows you to store a list of persons who may still contact you despite your Do not disturb status.
- Banned contacts – You may use this feature to handle the contacts you’ve already blocked. Blocked contacts will not be able to see your presence and will not be able to call or mention you in a one-on-one conversation.
- Seen receipts — Depending on whether you want others to know you’ve read their communication, turn this option on or off.
- Surveys — If you enable this option, you may get surveys from Microsoft Teams.
Changing the Auto-Start, Theme, and Display settings
It’s possible that you won’t like the default look of Microsoft Teams. Alternatively, it’s possible that the transitions and animations are creating performance problems. Fortunately, Microsoft Teams provides a number of display modification options.
Navigate to the General settings area on the left-hand side of the Settings window, as indicated. Several client options are shown below for you to adjust.
Microsoft Teams has three different themes: default, dark, and high contrast. By clicking on the theme image, you may choose your chosen theme. The active theme is Dark, as you can see below.
Choosing a theme is the first step.
Microsoft Teams will start immediately when you log in to your computer if you have this option enabled. The default option for auto-start is disabled.
Changing the behavior of the auto-start feature.
Turn off animations — This includes window transitions, scrolling, menu pull-downs, GIFs, and other animations. These kinds of animations aren’t always required. Check the following checkbox if you wish to deactivate animations.
The ability to play GIFs in Microsoft Teams is not affected by turning off animations. When animations are turned off, however, GIFs no longer auto-play.
Steps to Follow
Microsoft Teams is a fantastic collaboration solution that works on both macOS and other platforms. You learnt how to download and install Microsoft Teams in this post. You’ve also learnt how to log in and set up the Microsoft Teams settings for the first time.
After you’ve installed and setup Microsoft Teams, you can begin exploring the many Teams capabilities available to you. Here are some suggested features for you to check out.
You can also learn more by visiting the Microsoft Teams help & learning website. Thank you for reading!
Microsoft Teams is a team collaboration tool that is available for Windows and Mac. To set up Microsoft Teams, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft account. To do this, open the “Microsoft Team” app on your device. Reference: microsoft teams login.
- microsoft teams for mac free download
- does microsoft teams work on macbook air
- microsoft teams download
- microsoft teams meeting
- microsoft teams sign up